LLNP 3 BLOG

Monday, November 27, 2006

Tony




My name is Tony Xie. I come from China. I have been in Australia for 5 years. I graduated from Tianjin Normal University in China in 1983. I have a Bachelor’s Degree of Arts. I worked for a company training new staff.

My English is not very good because in China I only studied English for one year so when I came to Australia it was very difficult to understand the language. When I tried to look for a job, it was the same situation. It is hard for me to understand when people speak quickly. Right now, I am doing the LLNP course at St George TAFE. I hope my English will keep improving so that I can find a job where I can use the language. Although I know I am not getting younger, I love learning about new things. Learning is our long-lasting task in this modern society.

I am happy living in Australia. Sydney is a beautiful city. The weather is very nice and there isn’t much pollution. The air is fresh and clean. I hope my family will have a happy and fulfilling life here.