LLNP 3 BLOG

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

VIOLETKA




My name is Violetka Dvojakovska and I come from Macedonia. Macedonia is a very small country with 2,500,000 citizens of many nationalities.
I was born on 31 January 1957 in Berovo. In this small town there are beautiful national parks and people are very friendly. My parents, Boris and Zora, passed away a long time ago. I had only one brother who passed away two years ago and I missed him very much. In Berovo I had an amazing childhood with lots of friends and relatives.
I finished primary and high school in Berovo. In 1976 I continued my education at “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” University in Skopje. Later I graduated with a BA in Economics. In 1982 I married my husband Ljupco and decided to move to Ohrid, a beautiful city on the Ohrid Lake. My husband was a deacon in the Macedonian Orthodox Church, and the secretary to the Bishop, Timotei. My older son, Ivan was born one year later and I became the happiest mother in the world. Although in Ohrid we didn’t have any relatives, we had many good friends.
In 1987 my son was 4 years old, and my husband and I decided to move to Australia. Ljupco worked as an Orthodox Priest at the Macedonian Orthodox Church “St. Petka”. After 1 year our younger son, Boris was born.
I worked in a clothes factory for eight years. There I met many new friends and learnt to use different sewing machines. Unfortunately I could not work as an economist because I did not have a good level of English.
After living 9 years in Australia we returned to Ohrid, Macedonia. Due to the bad economy at that time, I was unable to work. I only worked for a year at one of my friend’s boutiques.
In 2001 Ivan went to the United States, where he completed two bachelor degrees: one in Economics and the other in International Marketing. My younger son, Boris continued his education in Macedonia and finished Year 10 in Ohrid.
After living 10 years in Macedonia, we decided to return to Australia to give our children a better future. Ivan came back to Australia and at the moment is working in Sydney. Boris is in Year 11 at Georges Rives College in Oatley and he loves playing guitar. I am very proud of my children.

1 Comments:

  • This is wonderful that you are writing blogs for class! One of my friends stumbled across Ljupco's profile and showed it to me! :D I've learned a lot from reading your profile. Can't wait to visit again!
    Love,
    Elsa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home