LLNP 3 BLOG

Monday, November 27, 2006

Rita


My name is Rita, I come from China. I came to Australia 4 months ago. I am studying English at St George TAFE NSW. I think it is very important for me to study English because I live in Australia now and I want to know more about the culture, history and its people. Although I studied English for more than 10 years in China, I still can not understand 100 percent when people talk to me. I have to keep on studying and studying. I think my English is improving now.

I worked as a computer engineer for a big company in China for 15 years. My husband is in China now and he is the manager of another company. We had a very good life in China, but we wanted to have a change, meet people from different backgrounds and have a better life, so my family moved here. We wanted to have a new start.

Australian people are very friendly and polite. They always say hello to me. I also love the weather in Australia. Summer here is not very hot and winter is not very cold. We can see beautiful flowers and colourful birds singing everywhere all through the year. It’s really great.

I know it is very difficult to start a new life in another country. We have to learn English, settle down, find a job, etc... But I love challenges and I believe that we will have a good future in this beautiful country.