LLNP 3 BLOG

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Carola


It’s me.

I’m Carola. I’m from Argentina in South America. I lived in Buenos Aires, the capital city. We speak Spanish. This is a legacy from the Spanish, in Europe and we share the same language in all South American countries, except Brazil, where people speak Portuguese.

In Argentina, I studied Accounting at university. Unfortunately here my degree is not recognised. To work as an accountant I need to study again and this is the reason why I need to improve my English.

I have been back and forth to Australia several times. I first visited Australia six years ago, when I came to meet some relatives. I enjoyed that time. Last year I came to renew my visa and this time I decided to come and live here for good. I feel very happy here. I love meeting people from different backgrounds who are trying to learn a new language as I am. Australia is a multicultural society, just like Argentina. Many years ago, especially after the Second World War many people chose to live in Argentina, for example my father, who was born in Italy.

Now I’ll tell you something about Argentina. Argentina is a very big country in South America. We have beautiful places to visit. The North has wonderful mountains where tourists can find aboriginal art and excellent wines and of course typical Argentinian food. The delicious “parrilladas” (barbecues).The meat is tasty and tender. Soccer is the most popular sport there. Also, the tango is the most famous dance. There are lots of natural resources: petroleum, uranium, steel, coal, gas and plenty of water to drink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home